Saturday, June 20, 2009

One is a girl and one is a ...baby!

Thursday was our 17 week appointment. WOW! That is like half way there in twin world. We were not scheaduled to have an ultrasound but after much manipulation on my part my mid-wife decided to let me have one. They started to the ultrasound to find the "heartbeat" (what my midwife used as an excuse to get an ultrasound although we actually heard the heartbeat already) then my mom so sweetly asked if the ultrasound lady would tell us the sex, so she began to look. She started with baby "a" who nicely had the cord between his/her legs so she moved to baby "b" who she quickly said was a girl! YAY! I am so excited I am ready to start my bow collection now. The ultrasound lady went back to baby "a" and continued to try to look by shaking me and poking hard at the belly. Its funny-I am afraid to touch my belly and the lady is like pounding on it! Well after about five minutes she could not give me a definite answer but guessed that it was a boy. Although I would LOVE to believe this I also do not want to get my hopes up!! I go back to the doctor on July 8 for my official 20 week anatomy scan so we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment